Hey there! I’m Malvina.
Artist, Activist, and Writer.
I’ve worn many more hats in my life, but these three have endured. I’ve been a grassroots activist for nearly 20 years now. Whenever I need a break, I head to my studio. Every time the going gets tough, I pick up a pen.
And the going has gotten really tough lately. These are trying times that we live in. The news breaks our hearts daily. Every day it seems like more is demanded of us, with no time to rest. Let’s get real kiddos, this isn’t going to be a sprint to a campaign finish-line. This is a marathon.
What we need more than anything is a revolution that is energized and ever-ready. Saving the world doesn’t happen overnight.
So What are We Doing About It?
The Activism Joy Studio is about reactivating your activism and recharging your revolution. If you’re new to grassroots organizing or if you’re a seasoned veteran, we’re here for you. If you want to talk about:
- building an intentional self-care practice,
- savoring art, music, poetry, and dance that helps lighten our load,
- finding spots of happiness and laughter to keep us going,
- discovering new perspectives,
- and locating joy and courage in the midst of the struggle for justice
… then this is the place for you!
In the words of James Oppenheim and the women of Lawrence, MA:
As we come marching, marching, unnumbered women dead
Go crying through our singing their ancient cry for bread.
Small art and love and beauty their drudging spirits knew.
Yes, it is bread we fight for – but we fight for roses, too.
You gotch-yer bread, we’re bringing the roses.
Sound exciting? Come follow us!
Subscribe to our e-mail list to get our weekly blog posts in your inbox.
And for even more joy, come follow us on:
- Facebook – get extra articles, FB shares, and memes all related to activism and self-care!
- Pinterest! – archive of all the articles and resources we think are true “keepers,” poetry, pieces of inspiration to wear and for the home.
- and Instagram and Twitter (coming soon)!